This Week-end we were in le Bois de Boulogne. A big wood (2,5 times bigger than Central Parc), straight at the gateway of Paris near the chic 16th district. The parc was build under Napoleon III orders in 1852.
For the dogs: 4/5
For the masters: 4/5
- The big lawn near the lac to play freely with her friends
- The small quiet paths that make you feel like being in a big forest
- The squirels, craws, ducks, gooses… So many good opportunitys to run!
- The small rivers to stay fresh
- The peacefull feeling when you take one of the small paths
- The opportunity to grab a drink or something to eat for every budget from Relais & Château « le Pré Catelan », to small refreshment bars near the lac, without forgetting the famous Chalet des îles (Book it if you want to eat, and take cash for the shuttle because it is on an island)
- The diversity of the parc
Jaeger was less amazed by:
- The few roads that crosses the parc
- The lack of spaces dedicated only to dogs
We were less amazed by:
- The few dirty areas
- The fact that you cant take the dog on the parc of the island (they are only allowed with you in the restaurant)
Globally, this is a very pleasant walk to make in order to have a small break, and also to discover the eiffel tower pointing its nose between two trees.
Right after the pictures you’ll find a map and a link to google map.
Have a good walk,