On this really hot weekend we went for a walk in the Bois de Vincennes. It is one of the two big wood of Paris along with Bois de Boulogne (Vincennes is actually the bigger of Paris). It was the French kings hunting area for centuries before Louis XIV mooved to Versailles. It begins in the XII district and it is near the Vincennes castle.
For the dogs: 4,5/5
For the masters: 4/5
- The small streams for a fresh bath
- The many, many (many) friends that you meet all along the road
- The gigantic lawns, that are perfect to run with those new friends. It is kind of the official dog meeting areas!
- The freshness on the small path in the shadow of the trees
- The wild under woods
- The fact that there is almost no streets and cars at all in the woods
- The more rustic look of the woods, way more natural and “exotic” than Boulogne
- The small paths along the streams for a romantic walk
- The opportunity to walk kilometers before crossing any road with car
Jaeger was less amazed by:
- The cleanliness of the water, that really depend on the spots and the season
- The few water fountain (bring water for your dog with you)
We were less amazed by:
- The lack of café, no way to have a nice fresh cola in the sun if you don’t bring your own!
To conclude, Boulogne is an amazing playing field for your dog and for you. It is really one of the parks where you meet the most dogs in Paris, perfect if yours need to socialize. Also, even if the lawns aren’t closed, since the roads are far away, it is a good spot to train your dog to come back. It was definitely a nice walk, and we hope you’ll get the chance to try it too!
As usual the map is below the pics with a link to google map