This week we would like you to discover a nice walk on “La Coulée Verte René Dumont”, partially dog friendly. This old disused railroad has become a long green promenade of more than 4 km since 1993. The way connects Bastille and the Bois de Vincennes while going through buildings in the 11th and 12th district of Paris.
As you can see on the pics bellow, the promenade look a lot like the New York Highline, since almost half of it overhang the streets of Paris of 7 meters. This way, you can have a mixed vision of nature, city views and street art. That is really an uncommon walk, that is for now not that well known by the tourist and the Parisian themselves. Here is a schematic map:
Officially, dogs are not welcome on the first 2 kilometers, but only after the Reuilly Garden. But we made this walk at least 20 times with Jaeger before knowing it, and we never had any problem (it still might have been different with a bigger dog). But anyway, after those 2 first kilometers, dogs are totally welcome on the second half of the way, that allows you to have an original trip to go to the Bois de Vincennes.
- The calm atmosphere, one of the privileges when you are above the street
- The beautiful nature along the way, more or less wild depending on the parts
- The fact that after this walk you arrive at the Bois de Vincennes and you can start a new one right away
- All the dogs that you meet
- The calm atmosphere also
- The beautiful and original perspectives over Paris
- The feeling to be a bit in a confidential area reserved to the people who knows it
- The slalom in the middle of the buildings, 7m above the ground
- The opportunity to go to the Bois de Vincennes without the subway
- The well-groomed green spaces
- On the beginning of the second part, a few bars with terraces to have a small break
Jaeger was less amazed by:
- The fact that she cannot go everywhere
- Not being able to go in the Jardin de Reuilly bellow the walk
We were less amazed by:
- The many joggers on the way
To conclude, this is definitely a nice and original walk for you and your dog in order to discover Paris. As usual, the map and the link to google map are below the pics.