When the sun is out, we advise you to go directly to the Buttes Chaumont parc. In the 19th district between Belleville and Bassin de la Villette, the Buttes Chaumont parc is really a small piece of heaven with amazing perspectives.
This Hill was upgraded as a garden during the Paris landscaping projects ordered by Napoleon III. Today on the 25 hectare, we can find landscape with rock, cliff, cave and one lake. On the park island, you can see a beautiful temple.
You can walk everywhere with your dog in this park.
Jaeger loved :
- The large lawn and all the small pieces where you can find water or climb on rock.
- The hills which enable to really spend energy.
- All the crows you can hunt
- Plenty of friends to lay with
We loved :
- The beauty of the garden and all the accommodations because we feel like we are elsewhere from Paris.
- Amazing perpectives between city and nature when you’re at the top of the hill.
- All the restaurants & bars you can find in the park nature. Moreover, at 10 minutes by foot, you have also one of the most beautiful views of Paris overhead Belleville Park in Moncoeur bar.
- Park maintenance
Jaeger was less amazed by:
- Je ne peux pas enlever ma laisse
We were less amazed by:
- A bit far from Paris city center
We totally recommend you this park for you and your dog because of its beauty and perspectives on Paris thanks on different hills. It’s perfect for a picnic on Sunday noon. As usual the map is bellow the pics!