The Furbo Dog Camera – A great tool to take care of your dog from work
Hello Furry friends,
As you may know with our instagram contest, we have since a few weeks a furbo dog camera. With this camera you can see your dog at home when you’re away, you can talk to him and send him treats!
Here is our complete review!
We really love the idea as our work days are quite long and it’s also very funny and reassuring. Moreover, we would love to have this dog camera when we educated jaeger. It’s a great tool to learn your dog to stay alone without doing any mess and there is a barking alert to be aware if your dog barks. With a Shiba we haven’t big problem on this point but if you have dogs who “sing” a lot it’s perfect for your neighborhood and to reassure your dog!
You can stop the dog camera with your smartphone when you are at home to avoid your partner your secret face! By the way, the dog camera has a light that move from yellow to blue when it’s activated.
The App settings and optimization are very intuitive so no worries, you just have to find the perfect treats. After several tests, we found 2 brands that propose the ideal treat format: light bones from Nutriandise and the Educ’ from Royal Canin.
Nutriandise are good but you need to halve the piece to be sure it’s worked. We prefer Royal Canin treats because there are light too and very appreciated by Jaeger.
Finally, the biggest work is with your dog J ! In fact, the camera mechanism makes a little nose so your dog needs to be used too. On our side, Jaeger is really scared of everything so it took us 1and a half week for her to be totally used to the dog camera and wait for treats (tips to educate your dog with this camera just after).
Concerning the object itself, the camera is really qualitative and the design very nice with white and wood, matched with our interior decoration.
When it comes to the price, its 250€ but as the brand is already in other country and just be launched in France, you can find the Furbo dog camera for 199€ during few weeks.
For sure it’s an investment but if you have a puppy to educate or if you stay at work for a long time or if you have a dog that barks, that’s worth it! (with Christmas in few weeks, maybe it’s the ideal timing 🙂 )
Our tips to acclimate your dog to the camera:
- Create an event for your dog when you receive the camera!
- Fill the Furbo for the first time with your dog like this he/she can see the treats.
- The camera makes noise when you launch a treat; it’s good to make a noise your dog is used to at the same moment like a clicker sound if you use this kind of educational method.
- The best is to give the treats by yourself at the beginning when the mechanism makes a noise in order that your dog associates the nose with good thing.
- Finally, wait before your dog is really confident with the camera before launch treats when you’re not at home.