During this sunny weekend, we take you to the Montsouris Park. This big park (almost 16 hectares) is located in the south ectremity of Paris in the 14th district. We enjoyed here the big lawns et the wonderfull november colours in the many trees. The whole park is dog friendly as long as the dogs are on a leash.
This Park was build on demand of the Baron Haussmann just like the Bois de Boulogne, the Bois de Vincennes or the Buttes Chaumont park. Even if it’s not really in the center of Paris, the park itself is quite easilly accessible since there is many metro and RER stops next to it.
Jaeger : 4,5/5
Us : 4,5/5
Jaeger loved :
- The big spaces
- The hilly lawns to tired herself out
- The many tiny animals and birds especially near the lake
- The poney we met during our walk !
We loved :
- The space, for a park in Paris, this one is quite big
- It is also beautifully made in a romantic style
- There is many atmosphere reagrding where you are in the park
- You can also find a small bar near the water plan and also « la Butte aux cailles » area is near in order to have a nice lunch or drink after your walk
Jaeger was less amazed by :
- The lack of furry friends, there is quite many dogs in the park, but since it’s big, you dont meet them that often
- Having to be on a leash
We were less amazed by :
- The lack of trashcan in the park, not that convinient when you walk your dog
- Also the place, a bit far away from the center of Paris
Anyway, we strongly recommand you to go there if you want to have a nice walk in a beautifull park with your dog !